1. How long does it take to respond to applicant after applying for Remote Survey?
Upon receiving a survey request, a receipt notice will be sent to applicant quickly. A KR surveyor will reply within 24 hours (NB. based on working hours in Korea) to accept remote survey or give advice regarding any additional measures that should be taken.
2. Who performs a Remote Survey?
Survey Team of Head Office or Branch Offices can carry out it.
3. In which cases will you need additional video information?
Basically, CMS, minor damage and an extension of boiler survey can be performed using a Remote Survey but in close connection and with video between KR and onboard. For other situations, the submitted information will be reviewed and, if necessary, additional information may be required and requested.
However, Where live-streaming is not possible, it can be recognized by photos and videos.
4. Is it impossible to carry out a Remote Survey, but exclude the Minor Damage Survey?
KR’s advice regarding remote surveys can be given on a case by case basis.
5. Is the Remote Survey possible if the vessel is not able to access live-streaming?
A Remote Survey should be performed in a place where good internet access is available. If the communication between KR and the vessel is not smooth and consistent, it may be difficult to perform a Remote Survey.